Frequently Asked Questions
What are Star Paper's core businesses?
The core business of Star Paper continuous to be paper both ordinary for everyday use as well as specialty paper for specialized purposes. Lately the core business has expanded to school and office supplies.
Is SPC a Filipino owned company?
Yes, Star Paper Corporation is a Filipino owned company.
Does Star Paper manufacture or produce paper?
No, Star Paper does not produce paper. Instead, it purchases "jumbo" rolls or printer size paper from foreign and local mills and convert them into sizes that the printers and offices can readily use.
What are the different internationally known brands that are regularly being marketed by Star Paper Corporation?
Below are some of the world renowed products that are being marketed by SPC:
- Conqueror - finest stationery paper for international communications.
- Idem - most popular carbonless paper brand outside of Japan.
- Gateway - tracing paper, popular worldwide for planning of work of architects and engineers.
- Parker - one of the most known writing instrument brand in the whole world.
- Waterman - very popular in Europe for fine writing instrument.
- Bicycle - world-renowned brand of playing cards and accessories trusted since 1885.
- Canson - the European leader for computer aided drafting papers and artist materials from France.
- Caran d' Ache - famous range of colored pencils and other artist medium from Switzerland.
- Zwilling J.A. Henckels - world famous range of German made cutlery products from kitchen knives, kitchen gadgets, cookware, scissors and manicure sets since 1731.
- Victorinox Swiss Army Knives - the original Swiss Army Knives for more than 120 years of existence. Your true companion for life.
- Mongol - the number one pencil in the Philippines.
- Liquid Paper - the best known correction product in the world.
What is SPC's management style?
Star Paper follows the product management and profit center concept. each major product group has designated product and Brand Managers whose primary responsibility is the profit performance of their assigned products. This management style allows easy pinpointing of responsibility and efficient corporate reward and punishment system. Also this style ensures that all products receive optimum attention irrespective of the volume or status of their current business.
When was SPC founded?
Star Paper Corporation was incorporated on February 19, 1974. All operations are printing industry oriented. In 1987, the Company entered into bookstore and office supplies business and in 1989 it started diversifying into non-paper products.
Where is Star Paper Corporation located?
Star Paper Corporation operates in a compound with more than 45,000 square meters area wherein the company maintains several structures. The main structure is a warehouse-converting facility-office combination. This is where the main business of the company is transacted from and can be found at 46 Joy St., Grace Village, Quezon City at the northern part of Metro Manila.
How wide is the distribution network of SPC?
Star Paper Corporation distribution network is nationwide, Metro Manila is service through its ofice in Quezon City. For Luzon clients, a team of travelling salesman covers the whole island of Luzon. It has branches in Cebu, Davao, Cagayan De Oro, Bacolod and Iloilo to cater to the requirements of our customers in the Visayas and Mindanao Islands.